Many awards for the African subsidiaries
On November 29th, Société Générale Cameroun and Société Générale Maroc were respectively elected Best Bank of the Year in Cameroon and Best Bank of the Year in Morocco during a ceremony held in London.
Granted by The Banker, a monthly economic and financial journal trusted for more than 90 years, this prize rewards banks that were able to deliver solid financial results and develop new products and services while using new technologies available nowadays.
Moreover, the African Banking Awards ceremony, organized by EMEA Finance and held on December 6th, also in London, was the occasion for many Societe Generale's subsidiaries to receive diverse awards:
- Société Générale Cameroun : Best bank
- Société Générale Cameroun : Best investment bank
- Société Générale Côte d'Ivoire : Best bank
- Société Générale Côte d'Ivoire : Best investment bank
- Société Générale Maroc : Best foreign bank
- Société Générale Maroc : Best investment bank
- Sogecapital Gestion (Maroc): Best asset manager
- Société Générale de banques au Sénégal : Best foreign investment bank
EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) Finance, a magazine addressed to finance and business professionals, organized the 11th edition of its African Banking Awards meant to reward the African banks which improved the most in terms of growth and development strategies.
It is safe to say 2018 was a successful year for Societe Generale's subsidiaries in Africa.